While commercial truck drivers undergo weeks or even months of training, unfortunately they still cause accidents. In fact, there are about 500,000 trucking accidents every year in the United States, including in Wellington and nearby areas. Hopefully, you’re never involved in a trucking accident in Wellington with a semi truck or 18 wheeler, but you can be prepared with these six steps in the event that you are.
If You Are Injured in a Trucking Accident in Wellington, Here Are Your Next Steps to Take
- First and foremost, pull your vehicle over to safety as soon as possible. This helps prevent another accident, which can cause further injury.
- Next, call the police so that a report can be filed. This is an essential step in building a case should you need to do so. Exchange insurance information with the other party / parties involved.
- Then, seek medical care. Even if you don’t feel you are injured, you may have experienced trauma that doesn’t display symptoms for weeks or even months afterward, and it can be hard to receive compensation from the negligent party if your injuries aren’t documented from the start.
- Your following move should be to look for witnesses and ask for their contact information. This may be helpful in the future for your case.
- Thereafter, call your insurance company to notify them of the accident. Be sure not to admit any fault and only provide necessary details about the accident. Anything that you say to them may be held against you in the future. Something as simple as an apology when you call may be misconstrued as an admission of liability.
- This step may be the most important thing you can do to ensure you receive proper compensation for your injuries, time off work, property damage, and / or any other expenses you incur as a result of the trucking accident in Wellington – contact a personal injury (PI) lawyer.
Why Is Contacting a Personal Injury Attorney So Important?
Choosing a PI lawyer familiar with trucking industry regulations is essential in the settlement claims process because they know exactly what documents you need to gather, when and how to file your claim, and how to receive maximum compensation.
Where Can I Find the Top Personal Injury Attorneys Near Wellington?
Right here, at Steinberg Law, where we are familiar with industry regulations and have helped clients win millions from accident settlements! Contact us today at 1-877-STEIN11 to put us to work for you while you focus on your health and other important issues that arise due to your accident. With one quick call, you can book your free consultation to find out how much your case may be worth!